Acne scars occur after the skin gets damaged or inflamed. The wound healing is disrupted and small pits are formed in the skin; acne scars. In some cases, the scars can irritate and get red. These scars are located somewhat on top of the skin and sometimes can cause an itchy feeling Acne scars can be divided into three types:
- Ice pick scars: 1-2 mm large scars that penetrate deep into the skin
- Larger depressed scars
- Multiple atrophic muculae: initially purple in colour, they become white and less noticeable after a number of months
Treatment options for acne scars
Van Lennep Kliniek offers multiple treatment options for reducing scars, both in the clinic in The Hague and in Oegstgeest. They are:
- Laser therapy (fractional laser) for skin renewal;
- Injectable with hyaluronic acid to fill the scars;
- Microneedling treatment with Dermapen / Enterpen;
- Products / protocol ZO Skin Health / ZO Medical;
- Chemical peels.
After the first consultation, which is free, the doctor will determine which treatment plan is suitable for you. We would like to hear your wishes and we’ll discuss with you which treatments are suitable and what results you can expect. Please be sure to make an appointment.