The following is important to ensure that the result of the treatment is optimal.
- During the IPL and fractional laser treatment, the skin should not be tanned by the sun, sunbed or self-tanner. The result can be negatively influenced by activation of your pigment cells (melanocytes). If you have tanned up anyway, it is better to postpone the treatment for a month. If you are too tanned for your appointment, the treatment can be postponed. Be aware that hyper- or hypopigmentation (dark or light spots) can otherwise occur with sun-tanned skin, skin that is not protected with SPF, some medicines, or skin that is sensitive to develop pigmentation.
- For each treatment, inform us about your current product use, for example, the use of self-tanners. These have a stimulating effect on your own pigment cells and therefore pigmentation spots may return and the result of the IPL/laser treatment may be negatively affected.
- If you have had a treatment with another specialist in the last 4 weeks or 4 weeks after the last treatment, please inform us about this. We advise you not to combine our treatments with other treatments. During the consultation with you, we will make a tailor-made treatment plan.
- You are not allowed to wax your skin from a week before the treatment until 4 weeks after the treatment. The use of retinol is not recommended 3 days prior to the treatment.
- Please inform us before each treatment if you are taking any medication. Certain medications may interact with an IPL or laser treatment.
- Inform us if you want to become pregnant or if anything changes in your health condition. In case of pregnancy you cannot be treated with IPL or laser.
- Please inform us if you are susceptible to a cold sore (herpes infection), or any other skin condition, even if it has just flared up after treatment. We sometimes prescribe oral antiviral medication as a preventive measure. If you have an active cold sore at the time of the treatment, it must be postponed or another treatment zone may be treated. Always contact one of our staff members beforehand.
- Attend the appointment without make-up.