Everyone reacts differently to a filler treatment. Therefore, the recovery process can differ individually.
- After a small filler treatment, the result is already visible after 2 days, but is usually only at its best
after 1 month.
- With a larger treatment, such as a liquid facelift, the recovery process can take longer. For example,
the swelling subsides, and deeper bruises can be different in size on the left and right. This may cause
an asymmetry in the first few days. On the surface, bumps or small harder lumps can be felt. These always subside, but depending on the quantity and type of injectable, can be felt for a few days to 3 months (usually not visible).
Many people can enjoy the effects of the filler treatment for 8 to 18 months, or even longer. This depends
on many things, as discussed in the consultation.
Specific aftercare for certain areas:
- Tear gutter: more prolonged swelling may occur. If so, please contact the clinic. Swelling may also occur after a few weeks or months due to a severe cold, altitude or for some other unexplained reason. If you want to do something yourself against the swelling, massaging the area can be an option.
- Lips: swelling and bruising can sometimes last for several days. Contact the clinic if the swelling does not subside by the day. Do not bite on a lump. Do massage it. If you have a cold sore, make sure you have the right medication. In the morning, many people’s lips are swollen for about an hour, but this subsides again afterwards.
- Temporal area: the day of the treatment, a headache and a feeling of pressure at the temples may occur. When opening the jaw wide or when eating hard food, it can be sensitive at the jaw angle, even though this has not been treated.
- Cheeks: sore feeling in the depths.
The following symptoms can occur during filler treatment:
- Bruising, thickening, redness, itching, swelling and/or discoloration of the skin.
- In case of bruising and discoloration, try to avoid the sun as much as possible, as it can cause pigmentation. In addition, the skin should be well protected with an SPF 50.
- Asymmetry due to swelling under the skin and/or in the skin.
- A lump caused by overcorrection can be resolved with hyalase (an enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid).
- Radiesse can sometimes be felt for a longer period along the jaw line and in the hollow cheeks. This is harmless and disappears spontaneously in everyone.
It is important to contact us immediately in the event of the following symptoms, which usually only occur within the first 24 hours.
- The filler can unexpectedly be in a blood vessel or press against a blood vessel. This can be resolved with hyalase (an enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid).
- Intense pain in the treated area or behind the eye. If this is the case, contact the emergency number immediately. In very rare cases, tissue damage and/or blindness may occur.
- An allergic reaction or an infection are very rare complications after a filler treatment. Should this nevertheless appear to be the case, please contact the clinic. This can be treated.
- The appearance of a purple stripe under the skin.
- The appearance of pimples or blisters after a few days.
If you have questions about the treatment or about certain reactions after your treatment, you can always contact us.
During the day, Monday to Saturday, please contact the clinic by telephone or e-mail at:
In case of emergency outside opening hours, please call: